Thursday, May 19, 2011

Volunteering


Volunteering at Project Grow is easy and rewarding. When I've gone in, I haven't had to sign in or fill out any forms. I'd just set my things somewhere and ask people if they'd like me to help them or ask what they'd like me to do. One of my favorite moments was when I was feeding goats with a couple of the artists and asked them, "What do you you want me to do?" They looked at each other, looked at me, and both said, "What do you want to do?"

To volunteer, you can contact Emese Ilyes at eilyes@portcitydevelopment.org or just visit their location at 2124 N Williams Ave in Portland. The best time to meet their special artists is often between 9 and 2 on weekdays.

Works Cited:

“Volunteer”. Project Grow.

"Contact". Project Grow.
Retrieved 15 May 2011.

Image from Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment